Slotnick, Canter, Schneider Memorial Group is the combination of S. Slotnick Monumental Works of Everett, Chelsea and Dorchester and the Canter Monument Company of Chelsea.
S. Slotnick Monumental Works, Inc started on the grounds of the Fuller Street Jewish cemeteries while their main competition, Canter Monuments, was located on Everett Avenue and had that famous sign only seen from the Tobin bridge “drive slow, we can wait”. Wait they did; and combined, the two companies would eventually handle the largest majority of local Jewish memorial work in all of greater Boston. We can still handle this volume today, under one roof, with a reputation for service, quality, and care to families that have returned generation after generation no matter what denomination.
The firm was established in 1910 and is presently owned and operated by the fourth generation of the same family. We have marked graves for literally thousands upon thousands of families over the years; completing memorials for many of the great rabbis and community leaders of greater Boston. Our goal, equally as simple as our philosophy, no one should have an unmarked grave. Every memorial is designed, created, and sandblasted in our own facility in Everett, as we have always done. Our staff is capable of creating a memorial in English, Hebrew and Russian.
The shop circa 1920
President & CEO
Director Emeritus of Operations
Vice President of Operations
Office Manager, Everett
Office Manager, Framingham